The 20th Annual B.E.E.R. Brew-Off Homebrew Competition are in! Click here view results.
Congratulations to all the winners! Thanks to all the judges, stewards, staff and volunteers who made this event possible. Thanks to all who entered. Special thanks to Great South Bay Brewery for allowing us to take over their brewery for the day. And thanks to all our great sponsors
sponsors who supplied all the prizes.
The 2016 Calendar is set. Check out the full calendar here. Here are some highlights:
- 04/16/16 – Real Ale Festival @ Blue Point Brewery
- 05/07/16 – 20th Annual BEER Homebrew Competition @ GSB
- 05/14/16 – Bay Fest @ GSB
- 05/19/16 – Whales, Ales and Salty Tales
- 06/09/16 – 06/11/16 – National Homebrewers Conference
- 08/13/16 – North Fork Craft Beer Fest @ Calverton Links
- 09/10/16 – 20th Annual OctoBeerFest
- 09/25/16 – Taps & Talons @ Sweetbriar Nature Center
- 10/01/16 – Pour the Core Cider Fest @ Calverton Links
- 10/22/16 – Punktober Fest @ GSB
- 11/10/16 – Babylon Lions Club @ Chateau Le Mer
The results of November’s Election are in, please give all your support to our new Officers and Board Members.
- Vice President: Steve Wynhurst
- Secretary: Diane Delaney
- Board Members:
- Kevin Basso
- Dean Doty
- Bill Ports
The slides from September’s lecture – Yeast Reuse are posted here.
This is one of the best events on the island. We’ll be serving up some great homebrews. You don’t want to miss this one! Thursday Nov 12, 2015 7:30-10:30pm at Chateau Le Mer, Lindenhurst.
The 19th annual club OctoBEERfest is on for Saturday, September 12, rain or shine. We will begin at 10 am and run until dusk at Cathedral Pines Park in Middle Island. As is always the case, morning set up volunteers should arrive at 9:00 am. So far we’ve had a great response for beer volunteers, and it is still not too late to sign on to bring a keg, or an extra jockey box, etc. Remember, the cost for the OctoBEERfest is $15.00 per family. Please, plan to bring the following with you:
- Your own food (something extra for the band)
- Utensils, including BBQ tools
- A community dish (required)
- Beverages for your children
- Bug spray, tick repellent, sunscreen, etc
- Folding table, folding chairs, umbrella
- Paper plates, napkins, eating utensils and cups
The club will provide charcoal for the grills, cups, extra ice, toilet paper and some excellent Clams for all to enjoy! Besides food and drink, we will have contests with prizes for adults and children, horseshoes, volleyball, and a raffle. Music will once again be provided. Lastly, I remind all those who are driving, to drink responsibly, or better yet have a designated driver. But an even better choice would be to camp overnight in the park. The campground is conveniently located a few steps away from the pavilion. For more information, the campground telephone number is 631-852-5502. For directions, click here.
The July meeting will take place at Big Z Beverages – 1675 E. Jericho Turnpike Huntington, NY 11743. We will be supplying sandwiches and other snacks, and Big Z will be pouring samples from the growler station. Bring your empty growlers to get them filled! They have some really nice beers on tap.
The 19th Annual B.E.E.R. Brew-Off Homebrew Competition Results are in!
Thanks to all who entered. Thanks to Great South Bay for allowing us to use their space. Thanks to all the Judges and Stewards who endured a whole day of drinking (I mean judging) homebrew. Thanks to Cliff and Richy for providing the sustenance that got us through the day. Thanks to all of our sponsors who provided great prizes. Thanks to the set-up and clean-up crews. Thanks to Bob Pickwick for provided the entertainment at the Awards Ceremony. And a special thanks to Susan and Eric for really putting this all together. They did the brunt of the work and did a terrific job!
Congratulations to all the winners!
The Brewer’s Cup went to Peter Baker for his Brown St Brown and also to Chris Dolan for his Ginger Bread Cookie Ale. Both will be brew at Great South Bay in the near future. Stay tuned.
The Pete Algerio Memorial went to Dave Phillips for his Oatmeal Stout.
Best of Show 1st place went to Wally Kopinski (Niagara Homebrewers) for his London Porter. 2nd place went to Eric Grimm (BEER) for his “George” Brett Saison and 3rd place went to Carl Geiger (Handgrenades Homebrew Club) for his “Rapunzel” American Pilsner.
Click here to see all the results.
The March meeting will be held at Black Forest Brew Haus, 2015 New Hwy, Farmingdale, NY 11735.
See you there!
The 2015 Calendar is set. Check out the full calendar here. Here are some highlights:
- 02/07/15 – Hops and Props
- 04/11/15 – Real Ale Festival @ Blue Point Brewery
- 05/09/15 – 19th Annual BEER Homebrew Competition
- 08/08/15 – North Fork Craft Beer Fest @ Peconic
- 08/22/15 – Sea Ink 2015
- 09/12/15 – 19th Annual OctoBeerFest
- 09/27/15 – Taps & Talons
- 10/03/15 – Pour the Core Cider Fest
- 10/24/15 – Punktober Fest @ GSB
- 11/12/15 – Babylon Lions Club @ Chateau Le Mer